Monday, June 30, 2008

Heat Tingles

When I got into my car this afternoon, the thermometer said it was 114....and there were clouds. I knew it would cool off a bit, but the cloud thing bothered me. Unless it rained (which it rarely does in Nevada), the clouds just add a dose of humidity to the air...which is superheated....and then my world as I know it starts to tingle. I've actually had some heat issues in the past. Playing tennis at 3pm in July/August makes me dizzy after awhile. Golf from 2pm anytime in the summer when the sun is out makes my body tingle....sort of in a cold, goose-bumpy way. Times like this, I forget where I parked my car.

Anyway, it cooled down to 108 and I was home by 5:15 today to let the dogs out and jump in the pool to cool off since JANAE IS STILL GONE. Luckily, Coco came today and spiffed up the house, cleaned out the fridge, and make everything look beautiful. She didn't run the laundry though....hmmmmnnnn.... We did start this cool service for dry cleaning a few weeks ago. Usually we would drop our stuff off at the dry cleaners and go pick it up a few days later. Not with Lakes Cleaners you don't! You put all your stuff in a blue bag that they furnish, hang it on your front door Monday morning, and the stuff magically comes back Wednesday all cleaned and pressed. Shirts, suits, pants, and what not. The best. You won't catch me wearing wrinkled shirts like Davey.

Jake sent some good pictures to us today in his email from Ecuador. He is doing great. He did send a picture of an AWESOME looking beach. I told him to have a real estate agent send me some info.....on his pday of course. I thinking, I know Spanish, I like the beach.....why not Ecuador? For what I pay to rent out a joint in Oceanside for 2 weeks each summer, I could probably put a downpayment on a beach house in South America. Viva Sud America! I could live off the ocean. As long as they had satellite tv WITH the NFL channel, and US network feeds. Can't miss DWTS, American Idol, or The Bachelor, etc...Oh, and diet pepsi too. Gotta have some coca-light.

Be cool.

3 comments:

Bobbi Leavitt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bobbi Leavitt said...

I am sorry its so hot in LV. However, just know, that when its 114 in your car, its 114 where i live. Dont leave your pool. Only to hang up your blue bag and order more outback ;)

Alec and Tiffany said...

It's been about 95 degrees lately...really not too bad!

ACR