Thursday, June 26, 2008

Quick Take

Worked until 2pm then hit the course and FLEW around that place in 2 1/2 hours. I didn't warm up and after the 3rd hole I was 3 over, but then I settled into a decent tempo. Still, an 82 is a relatively poor round and I need to work on some things. I'm playing again tomorrow afternoon so we'll see what happens. I'm down to a 6.6 and with that, I'm quite capable of shooting a 75 just as easily as an 85. Strange game. Great game.

Ma came over late this afternoon right as I was getting home. We ordered Outback takeout and chowed down on some meat and potatoes -my favorite food in the whole world.

Also did some re-arranging of the dog kennels tonight. We had decided a few weeks ago to move them from the mudroom next to the garage to Jake's old bedroom. There is nothing in there anymore since Hannay kiped his waterbed, and other assorted scavengers took some of this and some of that....and what not....I'm sure the dogs will be all confused for a few days, but at least they are at the far end of the house and won't bark each time a cat climbs through the kitty door and they all started to howl. This drove me crazy at 6am....or at 4am....

The crew has made contact from Australia - see Janae's blog for update and pictures. Those cats are tall. Is it just me or does Alyssa look in love?

We leave for 2 weeks at the beach in like 34 days. By this time of the year, the constant 108's have started to get on my nerves. I need to cool it down and a dose of San Diego is always a good prescription. Our insurance group is down there right now at the annual conference but I bagged it this year. The conference has become too impersonal and too gigantic. Give me 4 hours with a couple of company guys on the golf course and we could hammer out all sorts of agreements.

Can't wait to golf Friday and pull 36 on Saturday. I love this game.

KAR

No comments: