Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fathers Day and Sports

Nothing brings sons and fathers together like sports. I know this because of the relationship I had with my dad, and the one I've had with my boys.

As usual, Fathers Day Sunday is always a gigantic sports day:

US Open? check
NBA Finals? check

I was at the US Open on Friday, walked the course, and saw how deep the rough is. In fact, I got lost in the rough it was so deep. Bada bing.

Since the tournament won't end until tomorrow, I can't really go overboard for either Tiger or Rocco. Whoever wins, it will be a huge story. My gut tells me that Tiger will blow the guy out - something like 78 to 71. In golf, that's an ass-kicking. It's what I will do to Davey next time we play. Bring it on DJ. Bring it on.

NBA Finals: I think that anyone who is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints cannot wish for the Lakers to be NBA champs - it's like supporting criminal behavior. Kobe Bryant - Loser. Sure he can play basketball, but if he were coming to my neighborhood, I'd hide the women and children and bring out my large caliber weapons. He's a rich thug. The guy can't speak english - uses too many words like "ain't, wuz and you know." He also has a lot of "run-on" sentences. In sum, his grammar is very poor. He probably has a rubber stamp to use when he "signs" autographs. He does have nice calves though.

And so today's sports events ended without a champ being crowned at Torrey Pines or in LA. I feel good about the Celtics closing out at home.

If they lose, I know that I will have to move.

6 comments:

Justin Hales said...

Poppa Keith!! You are so harsh on Kobe....I read somewhere that he speaks 3 languages. So the grammar thing surprises me, maybe he thinks thats cool, who knows? I'm not a big fan either though. He seems extremely cocky and i hate that BUT he has good reason. He's the best player in the nba so i gotta give my props in that regard.

p.s. Can't wait for golf wednesday. I'm guessing it'll be similar to the Tiger vs. Rocco match up. I'm not sure which role i'm gonna play yet. I guess only time will tell :)

susan bunker said...

i love justin hales :). i'm sorry i missed kobe's post game interview for game 4, because i think he speaks pretty much like you and i when i hear him interviewed. (only much more intelligently about basketball, he really seems very SMART!) you don't have to move!!!

Keith A. Runyon said...

J-Dog,I look forward to taking you out and playing a round of golf this week. We'll have a good time. We will celebrate the Celtics win on Tuesday night.

Susan, you can't POSSIBLY think that Kobe is even REMOTELY intelligent about anything!?!? He is a great basketball player - that's it. Poor teammate, surly interview....dumb as a doorknob. I want to see SAT scores.

steve said...

kobe scored a 1080 on the SAT (at least that is what it said when I looked it up, but don't know if it is true).

Alec and Tiffany said...

If ghetto is considered a language, would that make it 4? I'm not a fan...I don't hate him but I'm not a fan. JDawg, when you get down there to Peru ask your president if you need me to come down to train you...

And about the SAT scores, I think that Kobe probably got a 180 but they added the 0 in there so he could keep playing...

Keith A. Runyon said...

Kobe did score 1080 according to Wikipedia, but I'm sure he had someone else take the test....they all do you know.