Thursday, June 19, 2008

Political Update

I know, I know,for most of you...YAWN...but my posterity NEEDS to now how passionate I am about all things republican and good and tax free so when they are riding bicycles around in 50 years, they will know I at least fought for them.

The following Obama quote appeared on the front page of the Wall Street Journal…it’s not like this is some Internet email rumor…an ACTUAL quote:

“Globalization and technology and automation all weaken the position of workers,” he said, and a strong government hand is needed to assure that wealth is distributed more equitably." Can you spell out M A R X I S M any better than that? I mean, we can have kids recite the Communist Manifesto instead of the Pledge of Allegiance each morning.

DEMOCRATS want to nationalize health care. That's nothing new, Bill Clinton wanted to do this back in the mid-1990's.

DEMOCRATS said yesterday that they want to NATIONALIZE oil and gas production so that price control can be regulated. What about the free market system?

Does anyone else out there in blogville realize how dangerous this sort of talk is? What's next? Nationalize the airlines?

We are creeping down the wrong path folks.

Why is gasoline is crippling the working class right now? Because we have put off drilling in Alaska, drilling offshore, and drilling in the Green River Basin that spans THREE states (Utah, Colorado, Wyoming) and allow foreign oil to essentially regulate our economy. Supply and demand. Econ 101

Green River Basin = 2.8 to 3.3 TRILLION barrels of oil (it's actually known as Kerogen but we'll call it crude oil anyway, ok? - works the same, different refining process iz all).

So here's where we are....

The Saudi's fund the ENVIRONMENTALISTS.

The ENVIRONMENTALISTS contribute to the DECOMCRATS political campaigns.

The DEMOCRATS lead the charge to save the WHALES, FERNS, the spotted OWLS, BUTTERFLIES, MOOSE, CARIBOU and all the other silly things democrats worry about that are excuses for not drilling. And now we're at $4.50 a gallon....with a bullet....

I can afford $4.50 a gallon. I'm concerned about the people who can't afford $3.50 a gallon. This is not a party issue - this is a national crisis. President Bush asked Congress to reconsider drilling in the aforementioned areas. Even with their approval, we won't see oil for at least 3 years.

How we got to this point is irrelevant really - I mean whatever wasn't done in the past cannot be changed, but moving forward, we should exploit our own resources and not be as dependent on those with oil who hate our guts.

I know that from Jimmy Carter on, President's have played political football with the Arctic Wildlife Preserve in Alaska. Allow me to say this, and I believe I speak for most Americans: We don't care about a pristine wilderness we will never see.

Given a choice, I suspect most citizens would want lower gas prices that knowing that wilderness (it's called wilderness for a reason folks) areas are protected and nice and quiet. It's a good idea but reality is when your fillup stops at a hundred bucks.

Must I run for office to fix this stuff?

2 comments:

Alec and Tiffany said...

Runyon 2012...sounds good...Having my dad as the President would pretty much guarantee any Residency for me...I like the idea. Need us to live in the Vegas house while you are gone!?!?

ACR

Keith A. Runyon said...

Let's shoot for the House or Senate first....LOL....and yes, you guys can stay in the Alberti house. What's mine is yours.