Monday, June 2, 2008

The Beat Goes On

Monday. Blah!

The golf course is closed on Monday's so I can't bust out of here and play today...or even go and hit some balls. I do however plan on playing at least 3 days this week, maybe 4. I'm waaaay stoked to have my energy back and be able to play golf again. I'm also looking forward to playing some tennis. The guys in the office want to get a game going and I'm positively sure I will beat them - as long as my shoulders and hips don't ache too much. This should be fun.

I'm going to the US Open next week and taking some clients along. If I'm not playing golf, I'm watching golf. It's a good group of guys and I'm sure we'll have a great time. I've been to the US Open before (Olympia Fields, 2003)and it was a circus. You had to stand in line for an hour to walk through a metal detector and were instructed to go stand in yet another line to check your cell phone. The tour players can't be distracted with the sound of anything during their backswing. I didn't feel like standing in another line so I stuffed the phone down my pants and when the gal wanded me, I just said, "It's the zipper." I was in. I made sure to turn my phone off too. Or so I thought....

Tiger was putting and my phone starts ringing as I'm sitting in the bleachers surrounding the green. Back then I had the theme from "Mission Impossible" so at least it was a cool ring and not some faggy ringtone that Steve uses. My golf pals are looking at me like I'm from another planet and they disowned me in a heartbeat. I tried to silence the thing (it must have got switched to "on" accidentally) and you know how that always goes....fumbling, bumbling...more of the same...I finally got the phone picked up and answered it with a feeble, "hello?"

It was Janae!

I hung up quickly and with everyone staring at me like I had just backed my car over a child, I said, "It's okay, I'm a doctor." They all nodded in the affirmative, as if "Oh, that's okay." Jeez, tough crowd.

Jake tossed us a curve-ball and emailed us today...Monday is his new P-Day. Problem is, we all write him Monday night so he didn't have any emails to greet him today. Bummer. He was between emails so I was able to shoot him off a quick note and fill him in about Dixon's wedding, irresponsible bloggers and so forth. He's doing great. I posted a few of his pictures on my blog.

Looking forward to Tuesday.

3 comments:

Bobbi Leavitt said...

I can only assume that along with your energy boost comes more harassment and sarcasim. None the less I am glad to see you are feeling well! (ps- I want to add to things that annoy you. I am positive it will make the list. People who stand up in fast and testimony meeting with 1 min to go and give a 20 min story. That could very well be my numero uno)

Janae' said...

I forgot about that cell phone story! Haha. When you go next week I should secretly change your ringtone to the "sex in the City" theme...that's about as girly as I can think of....I call you all day long just to see if I can throw Tiger off a little bit.

jlr

steve said...

wow. faggy ring. very un-political of you. the funny thing is i have the same ring you did for a long time. "sonar" - i love it. but i do need a new one, you are right. i feel faggy today...does that mean i have to smoke?