Tuesday, June 17, 2008

He is Legend

I'm borrowing this title from ESPN's home page....it refers to Tiger Woods.

Of all the professional golfers Tiger had to beat to win the US Open, he first had to limp into competitive golf for the first time in 2 months. All the other players have been playing against each other week in and week out while Tiger parked his spaceship here in Las Vegas to have his knee worked on by Keith Kleven.

For sure it was the best US Open I've seen and my pals that joined me in Kaly were equally impressed. I also got to text Jake back and forth on Monday for a spell while he was in Ecuador....I gave him the shot by shot detail of what Tiger and Rocco were doing on hole #18 and the first sudden-death playoff hole.

Can the Celtics clinch tonight? See, it's not just me....the following is an excerpt from Bill Simmon's post on ESPN today:

"Speaking of the Zen Master, for someone who's allegedly the best coach of his generation, how could he not figure out how to stop the high screen with Pierce and KG in Game 5, and why can't he figure out a way to get Kobe going in this series? Throw in the disrespectful way Kobe treats him during games -- Damon's crew was shocked by that running subplot, by the way -- and is anyone else starting to wonder if Jackson coaches the Lakers just because they pay him a ton of money and he's dating the owner's daughter and that's it? I mean, he can't LIKE most of these guys, right? He sure doesn't seem like he's enjoying these games, that's for sure. Do you think he goes home after every Lakers game, pours himself a glass of wine, lights up a Cuban, watches one of the old Bulls games from the '90s and just fights back tears for an hour or so thinking about how much he hates coaching Kobe? You wouldn't rule it out, right?"

Seriously, Kobe is the anti-Jordan....the anti-Shaq....an evil person.

Jake's doing great in Ecuador. His pals have all pretty much left on their missions over the past 6 months with the exception of J-Dog Hales who will be serving in Peru (my second homeland, well, maybe third after Mexico) in the fall. I am fired up that he is serving where my dark skinned brothers live. I did a "holla" in Espanol on Friday to Andres Romero who is a golfer from Argentina playing in the open. I caught him at the open and shouted in Spanish, "AAAANDRESSSSS!!!!! Vamanos!!!!" He looked up and smiled at me and gave me the universal, "Iz all good" sign with a thumbs up. Me and Andres arelikethisclosenow.

The wind is still blowing. Is it just me or does the wind not bother anyone else? I actually went online last night looking for places to move where the wind doesn't blow. Since her release from YW's last Sunday Janae said maybe it's time to roll up the tent and move. I'm up for an adventure.

Janae leaves for Australia next Monday for two weeks.....without me. I will miss her but in her honor, I have decided to have Outback takeout each night she is gone. And Janae, don't forget to check to see if the water goes downt he drain counterclockwise like it did in Peru. I NEED TO KNOW THIS.

Alec and Tiffany are coming down this weekend for Destiny's wedding.....always great to see them.

2 comments:

Janae' said...

YOU GOT TO IM JAKE FOR A FEW MINUTES AND ALL YOU TALKED ABOUT WAS GOLF?!? (yes, all caps means I am raising my voice)
What about some fatherly advise, conversation about the scriptures..bearing your testimony....
Ahhh Jake must have been loving life talking about sports. Do they even have golf in Ecuador.

Keith A. Runyon said...

He's all down with the church stuff man. He wanted some real-world up the minute sports info. I don't think they play golf in Ecuador but I'll check. For sure Peruvians had never heard of it.