Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Golf and The Magic Sleep Machine

Over the past 6 months I have been running on fumes.....

My 47 year-old body felt beat-up, run down, wiped out, buried, out of gas. In a word...SPENT.

Thanks to some great doctors and their diagnosis, I have been sleeping with my Magic Sleep Machine for a month now.

And what a month.

Pebble Beach, Valhalla, SLCC, and today.... a breakthrough BEAT DOWN of my golf pals. My round of 82 in extremely windy conditions took the belt back. Mike was 7 shots back and I fought Wade off on the last two holes to beat him by a stoke.

I could have gone another 18 if I had to. Easy game.

My driver is accurate but not as long as I would like (that's what she said - haha), but my irons and their laser-like precision are actually fun to hit. I don't care if it's a wedge, 7 iron, or 3 iron....I can hit 'em at the stick.

Putting remains so-so but the greens at TPC have gone from as slick as an ice rink to as slow as the living room carpet. With any sort of consistency, I think the mid-seventies should be an easy target within a month. This will likely mean a showdown with Davey. And you know what? I can beat him. His inconsistency will his downfall. I will grind out a victory....bet the house on it.

We had another pool gig at the house tonight when all the young women from church showed up. I had "dog duty" so I was able to keep an eye on the Laker-Celtic game while watching the dogs.

I was bummed to see the Lakers win. Have I said how much I dislike Kobe Bryant? Curt Schilling pitches for the Red Sox and keeps a blog - 38 pitches. He sat on the front row of game #2 in Boston. He stated, just as a matter of fact, what a whining POS Kobe is toward his teammates. No "let's get going," or anything like that. He spent 3 and 1/2 quarters bitching at his teammates during timeouts. Give me Dwayne Wade ANYDAY over this guy. Kobe can knock down 30 plus, but his teammates hate him and you know the front office only tolerates this behavior since they have to. Does anyone like working with a surly dude? Of course not.

And what's the deal with the celebrities in LA making a showing at the game? Jack Nicholson sits on the front row and feels he has the right to get into the face of the refs during the game. He's just another blowhard - a bloated 72 year-old that could keel over any second.

Anyway, it was a good day. A fine day at work, a nice competitive round of golf, a nice little party at the house....life is good. If the wind would just stop blowing, huh?

4 comments:

Chase + Destiny said...

haha i loved your comment about "thats what she said!" haha your the best keith!

Janae' said...

Go KAR!! You are the master of golfing in the wind!

Good job!

JLR

susan bunker said...

GOT YOUR MESSAGE LOUD AND CLEAR :)! and if you have to be that way about it...my house is on Davey.

thanks for letting us bombard your house last night. the yard is perfect!

Keith A. Runyon said...

Message? What message? Susie B doesn't like anti-Laker blog post? C'mon, the series is 2-1, let the trash talking REALLY begin. Give me a good Laker/Kobe argument...anything....

Davey? Puh-leez. Follow along... the MSM gave me my energy back. Energy gave me my mojo back. Mojo increased confidence. Swagger returned, golf game improved. Voila....Good as new.