Saturday, August 9, 2008

Olympic Blog #2





Okay, okay....I'm digging the O-games. All cynicism aside, I am captivated by the original and breathtaking venues, and by the exactness of the athletes purpose and dedication to their sport. Jake's gal Amy dropped by for a spell today and that was great. We watched some of the games, and had a wonderful visit.

I believe I speak for many American's when I say "NBC just needs to show the American's winning massive amounts of medals, preferrably gold ones."

I've been watching the men's gymnastics. They are some seriously talented dudes. The kid who was last on the pommel horse absolutely rocked it - legs flying all over the place. My hips hurt just watching his routine. And get a load of the swimmers. They look as if they are chiseled out of hard rubber, and then stretched another 10%.

I just think how funny any of us middle aged guys would look trying to even get up on a pommel horse....or hang from the rings. My body would drop and my fingers would still be wrapped around the rings. Ouch. Or the high bar....(I'm actually laughing out loud with Janae right now as I think of this - I crack myself up)...I'd MAYBE get to swing back and forth a bit and if I tried to go around, well, let's just say it would be ugly (and funny) as I fell to the earth. Gravity...hurts.

1 comment:

Janae' said...

Oh I LOVE the Olympics! I'm glad you have come into the light!

Love you baby!

jlr