Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Fine Day on the Links

Hot than the hinges of hell today. Humid. Steamy.

Wandered over to the Greek joint for lunch and wolfed down a lemon herb chicken pita.

I was glad I had something to eat because Rod and I decided to get out and play a quick 18 around 3pm today. Yeah it was hot, but we absolutely jammed around the golf course. The only group we saw the entire round was Michael Jordan's posse (again....three days in a row for this guy. Does he EVER work?). We played in 2 hours 15 minutes.

We rolled up on MJ on #10 while he was putting out on #18. He was wearing plaid pink slacks and a pink shirt. No one pulls this off except maybe me....pink. You gotta be secure to wear pink.

I had a thoroughly enjoyable time on the links with Rod. Rod is a better man than he is a golfer, but that would be true even if he shot an even par 72. He's a great business partner, a wonderful father, and has always been a fine example to me and my boys.

Trying to reduce the animal population in our home so we can get our sanity back. My mom is taking 2 of the cats so we'll be left with 2 of our own. The three dogs, while great individually, are driving us crazy. I'm okay keeping 1 of them....even 2 if I had to. Three is too many. HELP! If anyone is looking for a nice dog, call me.

No comments: