Friday, July 18, 2008

Rules to Live By - A Guide to Peaceful Living

I started the day off by speeding across town to attend Kadee and Troy's wedding at 9am.

That I was able to get there with 15 minutes to spare is notable. I hate mornings. I just do. I groan when people say they get up at 5:30am....or 6am.....What's worse are the real active types that pronounce, "I go to spin class at 6," or, "I jog 5 miles every day." (Jogging? JOGGING? That's what people did in the 70's and 80's). Me? I sleep. I love to sleep. In fact, to combat the people who want to shove their lifestyle down my throat, I created "A Guide for Peaceful Living." In summary it says this: eat when you are hungry, drink when you are thirsty, sleep when you are tired, and avoid whiney people. Oh, and don't do stuff that makes you stress out. Simple huh?

Anyway, we get there for the wedding and that takes all of like 15 -20 minutes tops. We went outside the temple to the picture area and waited for the bride and groom in fantastically hot and humid weather. We were dying. We're not used to the humidity, and having stand around in the sun made many of us cranky.

We had a nice wedding luncheon up at Canyon Gate and then came home to dive in the pool. Alec and I must have killed an hour just kicking back in the pool and visiting.

We also made a dash up to Best Buy and I surprised Alec with a new Macbook. He is doing well in school and deserved a new computer. He leaves next week for Columbus, Ohio to attend an honors society function. He is President of his honors society at the U of U, and each year all the gearheads get together to discuss stuff that is important to other gearheads.

The reception at Rod and Cindy's house was also nice. They served my favorite wedding finger food: little hot dogs wrapped in BACON! I've said this before, you could wrap anything in bacon and it would taste good. I was extremely bummed that the dancing was really low key. I wanted to bust out all the SYTYCD moves that I've been working on..... I'm not gonna lie, it would also have been nice to see Troy's dance interpretation of "The Best of EFY."

Time to take a quick nap.

1 comment:

Bobbi Leavitt said...

you forgot to add in my anxiety attack.

and lets not bring up the dancing.