Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Rebound

The laughably bad Indiana Jones movie the other night left a bad taste in my mouth that I was lucky to neutralize with "Live Free or Die Hard" that debuted on satellite a few days ago and I tivo'd it. I had seen the film previously, but desperately needed it to get the stank of Indy off of me. Thank goodness for just some good old-fashion shoot'em up good guys vs. bad guys movie violence. I followed that classic up with "Fracture," that was also most excellent although something keeps bothering me (SPOILER ALERT: go to the next paragraph if you haven't seen the show and want to see it): The gun used for the murder weapon was swapped with the cops gun. How did this happen? I never saw the cop take his gun out, nor did I see Tony Hopkins place a gun in the case. This bothered me last night, and it is bothering me today. I may have to contact the studio for clarification. Stuff like this keeps me up at night.

The local media can't stop talking about the heat. Blah, blah, blah....they make it seem like people are dropping dead on their way from the house to the mailbox. I played golf late yesterday and while it was hot, it certainly wasn't like stuff was catching on fire. I'm very weary of the media and refuse to watch any newscast. The local channels are horrible. The lead story is always grisly and is followed up with equally gory and terrible tales of human beings harming each other. The national news isn't much better. Brian and Katie and Charles are simply intent on planting fear into the hearts of every citizen by telling us all how bad things are; job cuts, rising gas prices, food cost increases, floods, fires, airlines going bankrupt, politicians bickering, etc., etc.

Turn this stuff off and go live your life. Have some fun while you are at it.

8 comments:

Dixon Leavitt said...

Never seen fracture but i had a similar experience last night while watching 24. 2 jeeps with 4 huge off roading lights on top drove away. A helicopter stopped one in about 30 seconds, then left to get the other one. They said they couldnt find it! Mind you, it wasnt going more than 30 mph, since it was in the desert and night. I love that show, but stuff like that bothers me

Chase + Destiny said...

keith you should start to film movies they would be amazing!! :) ps im serious! haha

Keith A. Runyon said...

To be honest, I have been thinking about directing....or maybe acting....or just being funny on camera.

I'm not sure.

Heidi said...

I don't watch the local news either, especially the weather reports or any reporter on Channel 13 - I can't stand Nina Radetich.
Personally I think you should right a book.

Heidi said...

Dude, my wife said "right" when she meant "write." One of Heidi's biggest pet peeves is misspelled words. I'm giving her crap for this.

Keith A. Runyon said...

Write on!

Heidi said...

In my defense, I spent a little too much time in the sun yesterday. I might add that I didn't misspell the word, I just used the wrong word.

Anonymous said...

Haven't seen the movie and will now wait for PPV on the satelite. I've been thinking about taking up acting too. Maybe we should begin working on our portfolios together.
Mark Dixon