Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Things That Annoy Me

Just some of the everyday things that annoy me...

Waiting at the Doctors Office

If I treated my clients with the same amount of indifference than most doctors, I would be out of business. The 9:30am appointment never starts on time. For example, I get there at 9:20 and sign in. At 9:50am I am called to go into the "inner" office where I get weighed and the nurse checks my blood pressure. While I'm in my little "cell" I can hear all sorts of commotion outside in the hallway but still the doorknob doesn't move. Nothing to read in there either - NOTHING.

I sit there and fidgit until 10:15 when the doc finally shows up. 3 minutes later I'm out of there. I just don't get the reason for the delay. Was the doc involved in an emergency heart procedure that began at 6am? Why no "Hey, I'm sorry for making you wait so long." No sincerity. No humility.

Traffic

What's the deal with traffic? I'm sure Alec could come up with a mathematical equation that details traffic flow over a specific length of freeway or roadway, but isn't the purpose of a freeway to avoid traffic? If there isn't an accident, why does traffic even slow down? This will be a question left for future scientists to figure out. Perhaps sensors in our cars will one day eliminate traffic as we know it. We can only hope.


Contractors

These guys are worse than doctors. Everyone has a favorite contractor horror story. Let's just say that contractors are horrible at keeping appointments, staying within their estimate, and getting the work done on time.

I've had work done on my house since the day I moved in there 6 years ago, and aside from some plumbing work done on my water heater, nothing ever goes right. I have projects around my house that were paid for and never completed. I want a luxury condo.I want to hire someone to finish all my projects.


Golf

Some things about golf bother me. Slow play bothers me. Players that look for a lost ball for more than a few seconds bothers me. Standing over the ball twitching for seconds on end before taking a whack at the ball is annoying. Lining up a putt like Tiger Woods and missing it by 4 feet is really embarassing. Guys that show up wearing knickers need to be really good golfers or else they should dress like the rest of us.

Take-Out Orders

Don't you hate it when they screw up your order at the drive-through window, or at Outback. Macayo's or Carrabba's takeout and you don't realize it until you get home? You get home....you're a so hungry you're a starvin....and you realize they gave you the steamed veggies instead of the steak fries.


Tivo

I love Tivo but I hate what the networks have done. American Idol ran over their 2 hour showtime and the Tivo didn't know this....thus our recording ended with Ryan Seacrest going, "And the winner of American Idol is....David...." That's when the recording stopped. This has happened to me before on The Bachelor and Dancing With the Stars and I miss out on the live drama. I should sue somebody over this.


I know there is more stuff out there that bugs me.....I'll do a volume #2 shortly.


Keith

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Dude--we are kindred. I agree with everything you said. Especially "guy who looks for golf ball too long". --Andrew