Monday, May 26, 2008

Another Trip

I leave tomorrow for Salt Lake City. This will be my 3rd trip in as many weeks. This schedule is enough to wipe me out. I like to travel but not one trip after another. I also prefer to unpack for a week and forget about the hustle/bustle of everyday life. Running in and out of airports and breathing all that crappy air week in and week out is tough. I also forgot my germ x on the Kentucky trip - no wonder I have a cold now. Janae? She would gladly be on the road each week of the year. She is a gypsy.

The family will descend on Bountiful, Utah on Wednesday to celebrate the wedding of Dixon Leavitt and Shaylee Anderson. The wedding is at 10am, then the reception is that evening. We've got a tee time scheduled for Thursday at the Salt Lake Country Club and am trying to squeeze another round in Wednesday afternoon.

The SLCC reminds me of Bushwood - the country club in the original Caddyshack film. The average age of the membership there is around 80 years old. When the old folks wander in for lunch or dinner, it is THE ONLY thing they do that day. We had dinner up there last year with some friends, and I counted at least half-a-dozen geezers nodding off during their meal. This is what we will be like in 35 years!

The magic sleep machine continues to work wonders and I would recommend a sleep test to anyone who has chronic fatigue. I'm glad I didn't blow the symptoms off. Living with sleep apnea is a slow death. I had stopped doing the things I loved to do one by one.....I'm 100% now and it feels great to wake up refreshed.

We hear from Jake again tomorrow. His letter last week was excellent - upbeat and cheerful. That's our Jake. We were so glad to hear that our other adopted son, Justin Hales, was called to serve in the Lima, Peru (Central) mission in September. We love South America! You are gonna love it J-Dog!

2 comments:

Alec and Tiffany said...

We're excited to see you tomorrow, broha! Dixon's wedding is goin to go great! I laughed when I read about my "gypsy" mom. It's true though...

Mooch said...

I'm not even sure you live hear any more.
You are always gone.
Hey, do I have to get my own "sleep machine"? Or can I take a spin on yours?
Does it travel? Or is it parked at home going to waste?
Will it cure kidney stones?
I need more info on this thing