Thursday, May 29, 2008

Home is Good

I'm home.

On my flight back to Las Vegas I flew above and past Wade and Janae both of whom were on the 1-15 a few hours apart and laboring home in their nice cars at 85-90 mph.


While flying, I can zone out and listen to my world-class I-Tunes collection of songs, or else read yet another Vince Flynn or David Balducci USA-Against-the-World spy thriller. I'm still trying to wrap my head around downloading movies and tv shows on my ipod and want to leave that for '09. Then, I will have done everything.

Have I blogged about how much I hate the LV-SLC drive? In fact, I hate pretty much any drive these days. I would rather fly to Henderson than fight the traffic and drive there. I have nice cars too. I am just tired of having to be in constant "ON" mode. While driving, especially in Las Vegas, one has to be extra careful, wear a hard-hat (or racing helmet), have the navigation system updated weekly for new roads and carry a firearm in case things get dicey as they often do. I have another problem to worry about: I often leave a loaded firearm in one of my cars (I have a valid concealed weapons permit) and Alec, Tiffany, Janae or (gasp) my mom will speed off in my vehicle on a run to Von's. Heaven help them if they get pulled over by one of Susan Bunker's friends on the police force (she is ticketed for speeding frequently). News 3 would be at my doorstep. I have since taken the heat out of my cars, and just pack it in my pocket now. I forgot where I left my 45 for a few hours, but found it in my office. Good thing our kids are grown, huh? Janae, I promise to do better on keeping my guns accounted for. I just need to locate 3 more and the inventory will be complete.

Kidding.

Sort of.

Heehee.....

I arose this morning to a rainstorm that turned into a hailstorm while in Salt Lake City. It was great. I was concerned the round of golf scheduled for later in the day would be cancelled, but the skies cleared, and I enjoyed a spirited round of golf with Wade, his in-law-Father/Brother (aka: the brides Dad Rob), and my dear friend Mark Foote, MD. The SLCC had just reopened about 3 weeks ago, and the greens were still a bit tough to read and roll, but I was happy with my ball-striking. It was a great round filled with laughter, some great shots, a few lousy ones, and a laid-back vibe. If I can just get my act together, sell everything, and move to SLC, I would be content. It's true, look it up.

2 comments:

susan bunker said...

1- why would you be content in SLC? i know for a fact your blogging would suck during the winter months because you would miss the sun.

It's true. Look it up:).

2- "good one" about my frequent speeding tickets.

3- have you ever threatened any one with one of your loaded firearms while driving?

Keith A. Runyon said...

1. I love SLC. My blogging in the winter would actually be okay. I like to ski and would have a lot of posts involving the folly of skiers both young and old...and good and bad....and I would get season tickets to see the Jazz and my beloved Utes for football and basketball. The sun shines during the winter, but you have to get above the inversion....Park City works for me.

2. You and Janae are speed freaks. I would also think you both could EASILY talk/wink your way out of tickets but cops today...they have no appreciation for pretty women that drive fast. You two gals are cool and not like the dumb sort of women drivers who pose a much bigger problem. I'm talking of course about the Asian ladies in minivans that attempt to drive and talk on the phone at the same time. The results are disasterous. (I think I've insulted every race/religion now - Janae, look it up).

3. Have I threatened anyone with a loaded firearm while driving? Well that depends on how you define "threaten." I'm kidding. I have never brandished any gun any place other than at the gun range, or in my home when the 8 year old scouts wanted to play cops and robbers. I'm pretty sure I had blanks in the guns that day or else they were just really bad shots.

That was a joke.

My guns are always locked up so in the event of an attack, I'd have to hope the intruder would count to 5 Mississippi :-)