Saturday, May 31, 2008

Pool Party

We had our first pool party of the year today. Of course I didn't get in the pool since the temperature wasn't quite at 90 degrees, but a large number of Janae's young women were over at the house playing around when I got home from an afternoon round of golf and they were all having a fun time.

Golf was great as usual. Mike won but I was happy with the way I struck the ball. Tee to green was solid, but my putting was horrible. I may switch back to putting left-handed since my right-handed putting is costing me too many strokes. I played left-handed around the green last year for about 6 months - I think I see the line better out of my right eye and that's what putting lefty will allow me to do.

Ba-ba-BRUCE. Mike and Wade joined me on the links today. As always, this is a VERY competitive group (but we missed you Steve!) In fact, anytime we play expect A LOT of trash talking and some physical contact. It's all about winning.

So I returned home with that good kind of tired after golf to find Janae, Holly and about a 1/2 dozen young women playing in the pool. More gals showed up as the afternoon and evening wore on. My mom even dropped by with some grub to nibble on. We even contemplated teaching Ms. Holly how to play pinochle but we were all laughing, and talking too much to even try to play a game let alone teach some the nuances of a complex game such as pinochle.


With all the people over I was worried about the canines but the dogs were actually pretty decent - we put Ray-Ray and Buddy in the dog run area on the north side of the property to neutralize them. Harmless little Zeus wandered around and ended up planted on the couch since he could easily escape the dog run area but had no desire to hang with a bunch of splashy-loud young ladies. The dog run area, aka "Texas" is gated, in the shade all the time and will provide a "timeout" area for several hours each day for the dogs pretty much for the rest of their life. Genius!

As the sun went down, we lit candles, torches and whatnot....the backyard looked peaceful and great. Life was beautiful...then the phone starting ringing.....

I'm sick of the phone ringing, and since we have caller ID, I can see who calls back to back or who let's it ring like 20 times. We quit using voice mail a few months ago so no one can even leave a message.... this DRIVES PEOPLE CRAZY. The people who need to reach me have my cell number - I don't even move when the house phone rings.

Life is good. It's late. It's nice to have the house alive again with the sounds of young people enjoying themselves. All the girls are still cackling but I'll leave rounding them up to Holly and Janae.....I'm off to bed.

Keith

1 comment:

Alec and Tiffany said...

When we come down for Dest's wedding we will definitely have some pool time...it's been like 8 month since I've swam and i'm ready to dive right in!