Friday, October 31, 2008

Simple Pleasures

I saw this title on someone elses blog and immediately liked it. So what are the simple pleasures that make me tick? Here are a few of them:

Tivo
Wood-burning fires
Clean cars
High definition TV
No phone calls
Diet Pepsi chilled just right
Starched dress shirts and laundered golf shirts
Red Meat cooked medium well
Sharp creases in my slacks
Bands like The Who, Led Zeppelin, The Doobie Brothers, Dixie Dregs, The Rolling Stones, BNL
Golf with my regular crew - it's relaxing
Sports on TV
Philadelphia sports on TV
Philadelphia Eagles
The smell of cleaning supplies
My cats and dogs who love me unconditionally
A good BBQ
Polished shoes (I get this from my dad who was very fastidious)
Rain
Remote control
A visit by Alec and Tiffany
A well-struck golf shot
Going fast on the freeway with no one around
A good book that is hard to put down
Fours Seasons Hotels
My iPhone
Being greeted with a smile
Funny people
Joe's Stone Crab at Caesars
Hawaii
Corn on the cob
Clean sheets
The smell of fresh cut grass
Playing tennis but I don't do it enough
Golf - requires 2 postings
Flying First Class
The Right to Bear Arms
Spending time with my sons
Being in Utah
Room Service
Pistaschio nuts
Lower taxes
Getting Jake's emails from Ecuador each Monday
My mom's cooking
Loyal friends
Janae who has always rocked my world
Leaving the dentists office
A steam bath
Flemings
July in Las Vegas - hot and dry
The Super Bowl
Pinochle
The smell of an orange being peeled
Vanilla ice cream
Not wearing socks

And Blogging

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Which day this week will have more of an impact on your emotional well-being? Tuesday or Thursday?

Keith A. Runyon said...

thursday for sure.