Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Updates

I can't believe it's been a week since my last post.

I can go hot and cold with this stuff.

Some updates:

The Sleep Apnea issue remains interesting. I had another sleep test last night that required me to spend the night hooked up to the same dizzying array of cords, and doohickeys that would monitor my every breath, heartbeat, eye movement, and leg twitch. This time, I also had a mask strapped to my face that helped me to breath through my nose.

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale Exhale. All through the nose....if I got greedy or lazy and tried to breath through my mouth, then the system would crash and the technician would scramble into my room muttering things like, "You have to breath through YOUR NOSE!" As if I knew exacty how the hell I was breathing WHILE SLEEP in the first place?

At 3am we tried a full face mask that covered up my nose and mouth. No matter how I breathed, this mask would help me. I looked like a fighter pilot and had a horrible time even turning from side to side. You have to make sure the mask stays flush on your face or else air leaks out and we're back to square one. I also sounded like Darth Vader when I tried to talk. I TRIED to sound like Lord Vader which didn't help either. I am able to sustain my sense of humor even under duress in the middle of the night. I swtiched back to a nose unit about 4am for the remainder of the night. I think I did okay - we'll see when I get my report back next week.

To get my cholesterol down, Doc Eells told me to have some red yeast rice each night. After 3 grocery stores, Janae decided to ASK someone where this stuff was.....It is a dietary supplement and can be found in the vitamin aisle....not in the pasta section. Ooops. Our bad. We don't cook much.

My golf game is on the rocks however I must get it back in shape and soon. I am going to Pebble Beach in two weeks, then Valhalla the week after. Valhalla is the sight of a former PGA Championship. It's in Kentucky and is supposed to be a great track. When traveling for golf, I always ask the starter what the course record is, and my brother-in-law Wade chirps in, "Safe." We do this at all the top courses we play. WE CRACK OURSELVES UP. The assistant pros in these shops are all in their late 20's. All are super serious. Few have a sense of humor, and most make around 45 grand a year.... where does their attitude come from? Lighten up guys.

Jake is doing GREAT in Ecuador. He had his first Baptism a few weeks ago. He is struggling with eating the fresh seafood that comes from the Golfo de Guayaquil. Tuna,Shrimp.....he hates this stuff but has to eat it or else starve. I guess they don't have any "Farm Basket's" or "Macayo's" down there?

Janae and I took my mom to see "Jersey Boys" last weekend. It was a lot of fun. The music was great and the story was entertaining. Some people will complain about the language and want to storm out, but that's the way they talk back in Jersey. Get over it. Just remember: Those people will go to hell, not you.

The Kite Runner is an incredible film. It is also a heartbreaker....if you are going to watch this movie, bring some tissue along. Yeah, even you tough guys will need some.

American Idol? Archuleta will win, David "Big Noggin'" Cook will take 2nd, and Brook White 3rd.....Castro leaves tonight, Seesha leaves next week... And you have an opinion on this? BRING IT.

13 comments:

steve said...

don't know what American Idol is so no comment. Better get that golf game turned around. "Luke, I am your father..."

steve said...

"ancient weapons and hokie religions are nothing like a good blaster at your side." that is my favorite star wars quote. i wanted to say it at my wedding but didn't have the guts....get it?

Dixon Leavitt said...

I loved kite runner. You better get your game going, i have been grinding at cedar ridge golf course

Keith A. Runyon said...

Steve,
Let's do Star Wars quotes when we play golf this summer. Some playing partners won't get it at all (you know who) but will laugh that nervous laugh while trying to fit in.

I bet Andrew knows all the good Star Wars lines.

Dixon, you have no chance against me on the golf course. None. Ever. Cedar Ridge? Is that a water park?

steve said...

I think Cedar Ridge is that park next to Taco Time with the single teeter-totter, right?

Heidi said...

I'm not a Star Wars guy, although I do like the movies (well, the original 3--the others are kind of boring). I laugh everytime Luke tries to convince his uncle to let him go to flight school and uncle says no and then gets burned like Keith's head on the golf course.

Heidi said...

It's true, Andrew doesn't like sci-fi movies at all...but ask our 7 year old and he'll tell you all about Star Wars. Steve even calls him Zach Vader.

"Laugh it up fuzzball."

Alec and Tiffany said...

That sleep stuff is crazy, man. I need to get to the eye doctor...I think that I read that Dixon is challenging you in golf...new glasses are definitely a new priority. See ya on Sunday.

ACR

Keith A. Runyon said...

Dixon,
You can play all you want. You will never beat me in golf. Ever.
EVER.
Uncle Keith

steve said...

Dixon,

don't lose hope. Keith said the same thing about Darion and finally got smacked down this summer. Keith, weren't you supposed to quit golf and take up nascar because of that?

Keith A. Runyon said...

Darion got lucky....as in "Even a Blind Squirrel Finds an Acorn Sometimes."

Yeah, I would have quit if he beat me 2 years ago when I was at the top of my game and he was still hacking...but he's gotten better, and I have slid backwards (and am STILL sliding some would say).

And I wouldn't have quit for NASCAR.

I like ballroom dancing.

Heidi said...

Ballroom dancing, barbasol, and "less intense" mouth wash. Oh my holy fudge.... Do you have a pink cell phone too?

--Andrew

Mooch said...

My Brother
I woke up the night you went to the " sleep guy " at about 3:30am and thought about you all wired up and I started to laugh out loud down stairs by myself. I also was thinking about the water running out of the bar lights in the basement wondering if that ever stopped. It did right?
We need to do something