Tuesday, April 15, 2008

American Idol Thoughts

Our family has always liked watching American Idol. We laugh out loud during the audition phase which usually last a couple of weeks. We then sort of pick our favorites during the Hollywood weeks, and every now and then, someone you sort of forgot about blows the doors off all of the other singers...or loses like Michael Johns. Janae had a hard time with that one.

Janae and I are always saying to each other that there is so much talent in the world. Of all the things that I have been blessed to be able to do and have, the one thing I truly miss not being able to do is sing. Sure I can sing and even do so without restraint, but it doesnt sound so good as anyone who sits in front of me in church will attest. I just go low and deep, and when Brother Whatshisname (Stewart) who does the music gets alittle crazy with his choice of songs, I just sort of humm along. Give us something we know!!!

Okay....some Idol thoughts that have been long overdue....a thousand apologies....

David Archuletta

The kid is 17 years old and looks 12 but he sure can belt out a song. Wow.
As each week goes by I am blown away by how well this kid is holding up to the pressure AND singing some pretty decent songs.

Gothic Chick with Irish Accent

The Irish accent bothers me a lot....I can't take it seriously. She sounds as if she could be the Lucky Charms guy's girlfriend. Disclaimer: I do use Irish Spring to stay fresh and clean.

Have you seen her husband in the audience? He has tattoo's all over his face. What sort of bloke would ink up his face (besides Mike Tyson)? She's a bit unattractive too...bunny teeth and the hair parted down the middle reminds me of Morticia Adams....those of you in your late 40's will remember the show The Adams Family. The writers had to be on drugs back then...Flintstones, Gomer Pyle, Bewitched...The Green Hornet....I liked it when Kato would always attack the GH to keep him on his toes.


Kristy Lee Cook

I never even listen to this girl. There is something about her eyes that bother me and she dresses like a slutty Tennessee prom queen. Hey, that's just my opinion. And what's with all the barefeet stuff? Is she channeling Britney Spears for the white-ho look?

Brooke White

Probably the nicest AI contestant of all time. I like when she gives the "shooba" face and puts her bottom lip out when Simon disses her. I actually like Brooke and especially admire he guitar and piano work as she sings. No way in hell that I could sing and play an instrument. No way. She make it look easy. I'd buy her stuff.

Syesha Mercado

Now this little gal can belt it out but she sort of gets lost since her peronality is sort of bland. I added her Whitney Houston song she did a few weeks ago to my Itunes. Few AI are honored this way. She's good.

David Cook

Is it just me or does David Cook look alittle.....off kilter? His hair is an absolute mess...it always looks like he just woke up. Face is puffy, day or two growth of stubble carefully trimmed, and wrinkled clothes....the new grunge look? He can really sing but when he holds a note for a long time, his face contorts into a beastie sort of look. Yikes.

Mop Head

Now this young man needs a kick in the rear end and a haircut (geez I sound a lot like my dad). His hair looks like a mop. In fact I am pretty sure he's done tomorrow. His performance was weak and no rasta head will ever win AI....like Fox doesn't work the votes anyway? Duh. It's all rigged.

So....who is going to win?

My predication is the David Cook will beat Brother Archuletta in the finals. Brooke White (Sister White) comes in 3rd.

I'm right. Look it up.

8 comments:

Lenzi Woodbury said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lenzi Woodbury said...

Honestly Keith, you better starting loving David Cook because if he can make a tired old Mariah Carey song good---you've got your next AI. I'd take "Mop Head" over David A any day of the week. Seriously think about it? What kind of album is David going to make that anyone's actually going to purchase? At least Mop Head can be marketed as the next Jack Johnson/John Mayer. :)

Alec and Tiffany said...

I agree with your choice of the final 3 although I think that David A. will pull through. If I had it my way David Cook would finish 3rd...he is too cocky and thinks that he is all that. What about the fake look that he puts on when they say he is safe. He acts surprised but you know that in his mind he is the greatest singer to walk the planet and this is just child's play...

David A. has to show some personality, however, if he's going to win...kid can sing but looks like he needs his daddy next to him...

Good Analysis!

Alec Chase

Keith A. Runyon said...

Who is making comments and removing them? Come forth little fraidy cat and stand up straight. Live a little. Anything, and I mean anything is fair game. Remember, this blog is for entertainment purposes only.
Sort of.

Keith A. Runyon said...

David Archuletta? Why he will sing with the Motab Choir and record a Christmas Album and then get all the gaps in his teeth fixed, grow him a goatee, and be a playa. Mop head gets voted out tomorrow. Or the cross eyed blong chick.

Alyssa Joy said...

I love mop head! He is my favorite... at least he's got some flavor. David A is almost too good... its getting boring. I think he's got it in the bag tho. Brooke White cries after every song and it bugs me, but she is pretty talented. And David Cook is dang good... that Mariah he did tonight was amazing! Can't wait to download it. I do agree that it will be down to the Davids, but A is gonna pull it out... he's just too mainstream to not win.

Heidi said...

Mop Head, aka, the Rastafarian Kenny Loggins. I do not like him. It bothers me that he is too girly.

My predictions:

1. Archuletta
2. David Cook
3. Brooke White

I say Archuletta wins only because of all the teenagers out there voting for him 100 times each. Cook is good, but he's a little too much for me. White is good and she'd have good albums, but I don't like how her right cheek wrinkles up when she sings. It is really annoying.

Keith A. Runyon said...

Jeez Andrew....right cheek gets you all in a hizzy? And I thought I was picky? I'll have to check that out next week WITH A MICROSCOPE