Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hey Shay! It's the PHILADELPHIA EAGLES!




On Friday, I'm driving the golf cart and listening to Wade read off this weeks pro football games to his son Dixon who was then telling his wife Shaylee. Apparently it is Shay who does the sports betting in their house and she was listening to Dixon recite the upcoming games and picking winners for our weekly office football pool.

Amazingly, Shay was unaware of my allegiance to the Philadelphia Eagles and picked the hated Cowboys to win on Monday Night. Immediately Wade sensed tension in the air and tried to twist away. In fact, Dixon felt the ripple in the space-time continuum and he was 150 miles away.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa....Who did she just pick?" I stammered.

Wade just went, "Uh, oh....Dixon, you didn't tell her?"

Shaylee's reply, "What city are the eagles in anyway?"

I practically fainted. I was speechless - this is a rare occurrence.

Both of my boys were provided a quiz that they MUST to give their prospective wives. The girls in turn MUST get a score of at least 80 (100% is expected though). This quiz contains questions about sports, cars (# of cylinders in a Ferrari 550? Years that the Porsche 911 was built and country of origin, etc..etc..), men's fashion (how to tie a tie, when to wear shoes with laces; True of False: NEVER wear a belt AND suspenders...stuff like that). Sports dominates the questionnaire...here are a few of the questions:

1. Name the Four Golf Grand Slam Events
2. What is the name of the trophy that the winning NHL team wins?
3. What is the nickname of William Perry?
4. Proper proununciation of Brett Favre's name (Oral)
5. Uncle Keith's favorite team?
6. Name of the stadium where Uncle Keith's favorite teams plays? Hint: It's below.




To Shay and Others: I bleed green. When I die, I'll have on an Eagle Jersey, eyeblack, and maybe even cleats. My casket will be draped with an Eagle flag. After I'm cremated, my ashes are to be spread out (equally) at the NovaCare Complex and at The Linc.

Shay and I did have a good laugh over this today at Justin's farewell. It's okay Shay - a harmless mistake.

But now you know.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

This quiz is easy!!

1. The Masters, the Open, the British Open, and the PGA Championship?
2. The Stanley Cup
3. Duh, William 'The Refrigerator' Perry
4. I know how to pronounce it, you'll just have to take my word for it.
5. Eagles, Eagles, Eagles
6. The 'Linc'

I only had to google for a little help on the first and last one - I didn't know it's official name, I just refer to it as Eagles Stadium.

Do I pass?

Keith A. Runyon said...

Excellent start!

The REAL test is comprised of 3 sections, 25 questions in each, and an essay portion, worth 25 points, where each girl/contestant is provided a list of 3 topics. She is to choose one of the topics and write, at a minimum, a 2500 word essay about it.

Past essay topics included:

Monday Night Football: An adequate replacement for Family Home Evening?

Baseball's Triple Crown: Is it attainable in today's game?

The Patriots and Perfection: Why Bill Belichik IS NOT a football genius and what's up with the torn sweatshirts?

Barry Bonds: Baseball's Home Run King or is he just lazy?

The real test is difficult. It's true. Look it up.

steve said...

not bad for a girl, andrew

Heidi said...

Steve,
Not bad for a girl is right! I'm offended that you think the previous comment was Andrew's and not mine....I know a little sports myself!

Heidi said...

Oh my holy camole fudge. I about had a heart attack during last night's game. Best game ever (except we lost). I'm encouraged about Los Aguilas de Philadelphia.