Monday, September 8, 2008

A Football Weekend



I was VERY pleased with the Eagles thrashing of the Rams yesterday. It took the vile taste out of my mouth that was left there by Saturday's BYU-Washington game and the referee's stupid celebration penalty against the Huskies with 2 seconds left - further proof that the NCAA is a moronic organization. Why not get rid of the cheerleaders and the marching bands too?

Don't have a clue what I'm talking about?

Washington scored (at home) against nationally ranked (I just vomited) BYU. We were STARING at college football OVERTIME - a thrilling game would get ever better. Oops, the 19 year-old kid who had just scored the touchdown was flagged for tossing the football a few feet over his head - a 15 yard penalty. This eliminated the Huskies chance to go for 2 and win it outright and left them with a 35 yard extra point attempt instead of a chipshot 20 yarder that my mother-in-law could make. After the game BYU's stonefaced coach stammered, "The rules are the rules...." Yeah, and your players have tattoos.

Then my Utes nearly gave us all a heart attack playing 2nd to last ranked UNLV at Rice-Eccles-Olympic Stadium. We eeked out a 42-21 win. I have Novmeber 22nd cirlced on my calendar since that's when BYU plays at Utah. I will be there.

On to Sunday's smorgasborg of games....I am grateful each and every day that I live in a world with satellite television and the opportunity to purchase (gladly)NFL Sunday Ticket. That's right, I get to see EVERY NFL game. I popped up early on Sunday like a kid on Christmas day. NFL Opening Day '08 finally arrived.

By the time the Bears clinched their win over the Colts in the evening game on NBC, I was spent. I have to say that the Eagles looked impressive as they clobbered St. Louis. The Steelers, Cowboys and Bears were also impressive. Next week Philly is at Dallas for Monday Night Football.

I'm looking for tickets on Stubhub right now.

2 comments:

Janae' said...

We're going to Dallas? I love Dallas...the city not the Cowboys.

Go Iggles!

jlr

Heidi said...

My buddy is going to the game. It would be fun. I think you should take me to the game. Heidi is from Dallas. After my last post about BYU, though, I have a feeling he hate me. OUT.