Friday, May 8, 2009

Blogged Out?

Since I've joined Twitter and Facebook, I must confess that my blogging has definitely taken a hit. Blogging is like having to write a paper in class - it takes a while to put the thing together. For me, this means it's gotta be just so. Clean writing, funny content and good pictures copied in from google images. Twitter is so easy and fast. Plus I get to follow all my hip hop posse like Rev Run, Snoop Dogg, Shaq, and Kanye (who is a terrible singer by the way - what is he thinking?).

Facebook is somewhere in the middle. I can post something on FB and it stays around for a while.

Blogging.....I love to do it, but at times I feel like I have writers block. It's easier to just plop down on the couch and watch TV or flip open the laptop adn surf untill 3am (yeah, sick I know).

Some cool things on the horizon...

Kids are coming to town for Mother's Day. Alec and Tiffany are driving down on Friday for a long weekend. Tiff flies back on Sunday, and Alec will spend a few extra days here in LV. We're going to play golf and he's going to get his med school applications knocked out.

Sunday is Mothers Day of course and it's also my mother's 71st birthday. She is in amazing shape. She loves to take a nice long walk each day and loves to cook for her grandsons.

I played client golf this week. This is always an interesting day on the links. Usually the people are take to play get out a couple of times a year - that's it. "When's the last time you guys played?" I asked, walking up to the first tee.
"With you. Last year."

Uh oh. This was going to be a long round.

Surprisingly, the gang wasn't that bad. We ended up having a great time. They knew to pick up the ball and keep play moving along. When they hit balls into ponds, backyards, and bushes, instead of issuing an Amber Alert trying to find their lost golf balls they just dropped a new ball and moved on. PERFECT!

We didn't keep an official score, but I'm pretty sure I shot a 78 with a nice birdie on 18. Watch out Davey.

Corporate Challenge continues next week for me.....coed tennis. I opted out on the singles only because one of he younger fella's wanted a crack at it. I granted him his wish. Plus, it's starting to get really hot out here. 90 degrees and singles? No thanks. Not anymore.


Watching Lakers-Rockets now. I'm basically sick of the NBA, but I'd like to see LeBron win the title. The guy looks like he is having a blast playing basketball for a living. He's always laughing and high-fiving his teammates and fans which is so nice compared to the cardboard cutout figures that usually grace ESPN highlights; golfers who don't smile and walk around the course with a permanent scowl etched on their face, tennis players who don't smile or laugh and act like 5 year olds in Toys 'R Us when calls don't go their way, and then of course, baseball players. Apparently it is considered poor sportsmanship to hit a home run and be happy about it. Should one celebrate a home run with too much exhuberance, it is incumbent upon the pitcher of the opposing team to throw alittle heat up near the head of the guy who hit the home run and was stupid enough to be happy about it. I just don't get it.

That's why I like the NFL. Offensive players make up dance moves to use when they score a touchdown. Even if the NFL wants to curtail these celebrations, I'm all for them. College football also has great tradition and people who laugh, smile and act like they are having a good time. Nothing beats college football for that. I just wish the refs would let the kids show off alittle after scoring a td.

Look at stock car racing - why is it so popular? Because fans have the opportunity to meet their favorite drivers who actually pose with them for pictures and SMILE. they sign stuff, and BS with people. No wonder their fan base keeps growing.

Lakers up by 13. Doesn't look good for the Rockets? And where is McGrady? The guy is getting paid some $17 million bucks a year and is on the sidelines in a suit?

Loser.

1 comment:

Alec and Tiffany said...

Yo, I love your blog. Facebook and Twitter are great but don't give up on the blog! You crack me up. Can't wait to get to TPC on Tuesday. A few tweaks here and there and I will be on my way to greatness!

ACR