Tuesday, May 12, 2009

You Know You're Out of Shape When.....

You take 4th place in co-ed tennis at the Las Vegas Corporate Challenge.

The fact that all matches were played in one day/night was tough on me. I'm in golf shape - this requires always being nattily attired, and having an ample belly indicative of "the good life." Playing 4 tennis matches in one day (on top of already playing golf in the heat of the day)? Right now pretty much everything hurts.

The first match started at 6pm - the sun was still high in the sky and it was around 95 degrees - add another 10 degrees for being on the concrete court. After winning the first match, dizzy, I wandered over to the other side of the court wanting to vomit and just feint - I didn't care. The 2nd match started right away, then we had a nice long layoff heading into the semifinals. We got hammered in the semi-finals - too much lounging around and making wisecracks caught up with me.

By the time they had us play for 3rd place I had pretty much mailed it in. My feet were aching, my back hurt and I couldn't feel my hair.

To top it off, I managed to lose my cell phone - my tether to the outside world. My link to everything that is Keith. Alec and I sped back to the courts at 930pm and searched in the dark. I'll have to call the joint tomorrow. Stuff happens.

Home now kicking myself for losing. I hate to lose so I'll just blame it all on my partner. Nah, she was great. We had a lot of fun and I hope we play again next year. We both need to work on some things so it will be fun to see our improvement.

Hey, at least we finished in the top 1/4 of the event and it added points to our overall standings. Holla.

1 comment:

Alec and Tiffany said...

You guys were studly. If it weren't for the 3 hours of golf during the hottest time of the day you would've come out on top. My bad.

ACR