Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Idol Update




We came in from outside to catch American Idol and see who would be in the finale. Spring/summer is here as evidenced by the mosquito population increasing. Our Army-sized Citronella candle kept the mosquitos on Alberti Court at bay, but before I lit it, I lost some blood - how else would you know it was time to light the candle? And why is it called a mosquito bite when they actually sting you? Hmmmmmmmmmnnn......




The 3 guys left standing on the show were Adam, Kris and Danny. With all the votes cast and the fact that people can vote multiple times means the best singer doesn't always win - just the most popular. Big difference.

Each contestant got to take a trip to their hometowns last week and this was shown tonight on the show. Adam grew up in San Diego and you know got his ass kicked in high school so we thought it was funny Idol took him back there....to the football field even; surely a place he never went in high school. Talk about irony.

Idol producers had this little kid from Rwanda perform on stage in a fund raising effort and now he has to go back to Rwanda? Possibly the worst tease in television history. He goes from a village with mud huts to a slick Hollywood stage, new kicks, and backup singers and dancers and then has to go BACK? If I were that kid, I'd claim political assylum and stay in the U.S.

Katy Perry perfomed in a Wonder Woman-like costume. Strange gal.




Check out her face/eyes, they remind me of Destiny's. I guess she's like the 'it' singer chick of the moment. I told wifey that I continue to be amazed at the young people who just go out and follow their dreams and KP is a good example of getting after it. Like LL Cool J sayz, "If you want to be successful at something; ask yourself these four questions: Why? Why not? Why not me? Why not now?" HOLLA

1 comment:

Chase + Destiny said...

Wow Ive never heard that I look like Katy Perry before!! Thanks I love her!! :)I love the comment about Adam growing up in san Diego! thats the best! love ya! ps Can you believe Jakey comes home soon! PARTY!!!