Saturday, April 25, 2009

Ramblings

The NFL draft is taking place this weekend. I left at noon to play golf and knew I would miss much of the first round - which is too boring for words to describe. Why teams get so much time between selections is annoying. Anyway, I was very happy with the eagles two selections today: Jeremy Maclin and LeSean McCoy. Maclin is a speedy wide receiver and return genius, and McCoy is a shifty running back. Our offense will be off the charts good next year.

Golf today was outstanding. Dixon and Shay had come down from Cedar City yesterday so Dixon was able to join Wade and I for golf. I was worried about the dreaded wind, but it flared up on only about 2 holes - that's it. Davey honored us by showing up on the 15th hole and attempted to go birdie-birdie-birdie-birdie. It didn't happen. I didn't shoot that well, but in the end, the only thing that mattered was that I played well enough to beat Wade. I hate to lose, and last week I lost the title by one shot. Getting the belt back today was sweet vindication for me. I have to take out some clients next week and also have to schedule my match play event with Archie who has been patient while I work on getting my doggone shoulder to quite aching. My back is good - it's fine actually. I have just learned to take care of it better now. No crazy lifting refrigerators anymore or moving furniture all by myself. Plus I stretch a couple of times each day and always in between golf shots. I'm sort of pathetic on the golf course - always hitting up my golf buddies for advil and then asking them to walk on my back.....sans cleats. They're okay with the advil, not so much on the back massage part though. I'll try Craigslist.

In the past week, Alec finished his MCAT exam and now awaits his score. Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock. That test is torture. We were in Salt Lake City a couple of weeks ago and I picked up one of the MCAT study guides - It could have just as easily been a Chinese novel. I laughed out loud at how hard the questions were.

We're excited to be able to speak to Jake on Mothers Day wich is 2 weeks away. The NFL draft this weekend, the Kentucky Derby the first Saturday in May and then Mother's Day. My cup runneth over.

Janae was flipping throught Time Magazine tonight (I know). She came what I thought to be an interesting blurb on the greenie movement. "Going Green? In the broadest sense, the greenest home is the one that has already been built." There you have it simple, to the point and impossible to refute that logic. Nice one Janae.

We took my mom to see Kenny Rogers last night at the Orleans. He can still sing, but his plastic surgery a few years ago messed him up pretty good. Even though our seats were in the 4th row, my mom brought binoculars so she could check out his face up close.

This is my life.

2 comments:

Alec and Tiffany said...

Comments about your post:

1. NFL Draft was great. Eagles really scored.
2. Can't wait to golf in two weeks. Teach me, Yoda, to follow your footsteps!
3. MCAT is over. Yes, it was the hardest test of my life and will probably still be the hardest of my life in 50 years. Time has slowed since then...why does an electronic test take a month to grade? (And don't give me the excuse about grading the essay...)
4. Jake - 2 weeks. Time is going fast for that! Can't wait to talk to that stud.
5. Mom is the coolest lady ever.
6. Kenny Rogers? Cool, but don't brag about that one too much at work. That stuff stays on the DL.
7. Life is good. Keep your head on a swivel.

Alec and Tiffany said...

Update please. Any Corporate Challenge recaps? See you Friday.

ACR