Saturday, November 15, 2008

Preview: The Holy War





Next Saturday it's on. Oh yeah, it is gonna be G O I N O F F ! !

As an added bonus, we've been invited to tailgate with some friends who like to drink shots out of a bowling ball. I'm not sure it they fill up one of the finger holes, just the thumb hole, or all three, but we'll embrace the festival-like atmosphere. Perhaps we'll even fill up the bowling ball holes with some diet pepsi? I'm more into the food part of tailgating personally.














Some observations:

Utah is a physical football team. This years squad is different from the 2004 BCS 1.0 version. This 2.0 BCS model, is tough as nails and no nonsense. They play punishing football. None of those Alex Smith behind the back passes and gimmicky stuff like that for this team. The QB, Brian Johnson is just coolly efficient. It will be 11-0 Utah versus 10-1 BYU.....really, it doesn't get much better than that. Bitter rivals. BCS glory at stake. A win by Utah will affirm their greatness. I am already preparing to be annoyed by all the BYU fans. I haven't figured out yet what I'm going to do, if anything, should I end up face-to-face with one.

Is there any coach in the United States are boring and monotone as Bronco Mendenhall from BYU? No. 2nd most boring: Kyle Whittingham.

The people in the Sonic Drive Thru ads remind me of BYU people....ultra dorky plus they drive mini-vans which are illegal in my family. We have a family member who belongs in these advertisements...figure it out.




BYU's Austin Collie sounds like a dog breed.

"You have an Austin Collie?"

"Yeah, he's fast, but he barks too much."

Woof woof

8 comments:

Alec and Tiffany said...

Bobby is gonna be there? I'm excited to see him! I called Tyler a few weeks back in between classes. We want to meet up for lunch sometime. It's gonna be an amazing game...

The weather is supposed to be amazing that day. High of 53 and partly sunny. Tailgate party is on...weather has been pretty nasty lately so maybe Mother Nature is rewarding us for our 11-0 and 10-1 seasons? See ya soon.

ACR

Alec and Tiffany said...

PS - We will also have to keep up on the UNLV game. UNLV possibly bowl eligible? I better got on my knees and get all my sins off of my chest before then because hell really is freezing over...

And about Rebel BB today, GREAT defense but we shoot too many threes (29 of 56 shots were threes. We made 8 of the 29...).

Don't get me wrong, I am very optimistic for our team but I just wish that we had a big man that could make us even more versatile.

ACR

Heidi said...

Andrew being objective: The Utes are likley to win this game. I think BYU's offense is the better one, but Utah's defense is way better than BYU's.

Andrew being a Shiite: Austin Collie is still open. He will make your defensive backs, namely, Brice McCain, look like, well, kind of like he did last year on 4th and 18. The Utes are full of themselves and they shall be humbled. Brian Johnson is going to get hit so hard that his eyes will actually be where they are supposed to be instead of on the side of his head. The fully intoxicated Utes will feel the ghost of Johnny Harline as this game comes down to a last minute TD by the Cougs. Louie Sakoda will hit 4 field goals from 68 yards each, but they will not be enough. GO COUGS!

Keith A. Runyon said...

Doesn't Harline work at Pizza Hut now?

Good one about BJ though....

Heidi said...

He's either at Pizza Hut or at the Southtowne Mall selling cell phones with Luke Staley (who is also famous for a last minute touchdown).

Eagles. Sick.

Keith A. Runyon said...

I asked my Sunday School class (15- year olds) to raise their hands if they thought the Utes would win...3 hands went up. I asked who thought the Cougars would win and like 11 hands went up....I stood, tore my lesson papers in half and walked out...with my Ute crew. We went looking for a bowling ball.

Utes 31 Coogs 21

Heidi said...

This has been a weak rivalry week.

Heidi said...

Congrats. I hate the Utes.