Monday, March 24, 2008

Pardon the Interruption

It's been a solid week since my last post. I've revamped my blog a bit - added some tunes, changed around some of the photos, and got a new layout. I love my Eagles, but all the green in the background bothered my eyes and I couldn't change the font size or color.

The week off also gave me a break from all the crap I was getting from my posts after the UNLV/BYU contest, and the comments I made about the ensuing fracas that happened after the game. I find it truly amazing that people were actually disturbed by the content of my blog. To this I would say: If you don't like what I write, then don't read it. We did find a great website last week with jokes about Sarah Cummard - the wife of one of the BYU players who instigated at least one brawl after the MWC title game. I'll post the website when I find it, or at least post a few of the jokes. Someone told me she was banned from the Thomas & Mack arena. Good riddance. We don't need troublemakers like her lurking around our children. And thank goodness all she was wearing was flip flops and not hiking boots when she attacked rebel fans. We are going to laugh about this for a long, long time.

So....the past week had us in Indian Wells, California to watch the Pacific Life Open. This is a great, great tennis tournament that we have been going to for the past 8 years. This year Alec and his wife Tiffany joined us. We had a wonderful time watching tennis, going out to eat, hanging out by the pool, and playing hours upon hours of pinochle. We love that game!

We were also excited to watch UNLV's victory over Kent State in the opening round of the NCAA's. Their ability to hold KSU to a tournament tying low half of scoring only 10 points was quite an accomplishment. Their next opponent was the mighty Kansas Jayhawks who were ranked among the top 5 teams all year so the odds were definitely against the Rebels. UNLV played a tough first half and then were outclassed in the 2nd half - they got beat, but by making it to the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament they went a lot further than most people thought they would go.

Life remains exciting for our family - Jake is in Ecuador sweating like a migrant farm worker, Alec is a junior at the U of U studying for his physics degree and doing math equations that take hours just to complete one of them. Janae and I are trying to figure out what to do with our lives now that no one is at home. Every married couple faces the challenge of the "Empty Nest" and each will deal with it in their own way. Being relatively young and healthy when our nest emptied out, we have a lot of options to consider. We're excitied for the future. We are most grateful for our sons and the joy they have brought to our lives. Alec has a wonderful wife in Tiffany while Jake left lovely Miss Amy when he elected to serve his mission. We hope that the dreams that Jake and Amy have will come true.

It's been a rather dull week people, but I can promise more contentious, funny and sarcastic comments in future posts. I'm just getting my groove back together.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Keith, you have totally lost your mojo.

I think you and Janae need to get your papers submitted for a mission. I think they may even allow you to maintain your blog during a "senior" mission. As for pinochle, well, they may ask you to stop that.

Who here thinks Keith and Janae should go on a mission now that they are empty nesters?

Keith A. Runyon said...

Lost my mojo?!?!? No way Jose! The idea of maintaining a blog during a mission is very interesting however.....we're going on a mission, but only when we're allowed to use playing cards. We want to bet investigators their souls instead of using money. And I never lose.

Rowe Family said...

Glad you are up and running again! I love the family portrait...it is great.

susan bunker said...

Keith, you were missed while you were away! I really like the new look. I think it may be time for a change of my own! Fun pictures!

Alec and Tiffany said...

He's back......

Keith A. Runyon said...

Susan!
Thanks for the post! I love your blog and your attitude! I like the rebel in you!
Keith