Sunday, March 30, 2008

How I Do What I Do

Yup, I picked all 4 teams that made it to the final four.

In spite of some people who questioned my knowledge of college basketball, I sit here tonight fat and happy knowing that the picks I made 2 weeks ago were accurate. Dang, it feels good to me right now.

I got a new church calling today.....Sunday School Teacher for the 14 and 15 year olds. It's funny actually....I was released in the middle of January as the Executive Secretary and was told to "not get too comfy." Now, nearly three months later, the ward posse finally caught up with me. Granted, it wasn't easy for them since we are usually out of town at least 2 weekends a month (plus we don't have an answering machine anymore for people to leave 5 minute voice messages...get over it those who want to leave a message....you did it to yourselves). If I get my wish and convince Janae to hit the "cash in" button we'll move to Utah, have a small ranch, raise chickens (do we have to have a rooster for eggs?), have a barn, lots more dogs, a cow perhaps and have some peace and quiet.....we will probably have to wait for Jake's return from Ecuador, but I can see the future.....and it ain't Nevada. I wanna be a cowboy. Janae only hopes someone can talk me out of this phase sooner than later. Good luck.

The past week had us return from Indian Wells, and then I was in Mesquite for some meetings on Wednesday and Thursday. If you haven't been to our once sleepy border town, it has changed quite a bit.....I'm actually glad to see the growth.

Life is good.

8 comments:

Alec and Tiffany said...

Is Coco willing to make the drive to the ranch? I could see you living the rancher lifestyle for a few weeks but not much longer haha. I will let you know how that physiology test goes..."Hips connected to the leg bone...(that's anatomy, man!)"

Keith A. Runyon said...

Thigh bone connected to the knee bone...ankle bone connected to the foot bone....backbone (byu people don't have these son) connetcted to the tailbone (byu grads have super long tailbones)...

Sing it in class....I'll give you $100

Janae' said...

Whoa there cowboy...have you ever been on a horse or a ranch for that matter?!
Just make sure our ranch is close to a mall, fast food and an airport....

Keith A. Runyon said...

Okay....truth be told,I will need some help with the horses. My only riding experiences having been watching: "The Horse Whisperer" which was really good,and "Legends of the Fall," which was another decent movie involving horses. And I, of coure, am a reader of Horse and Hound."

Dixon Leavitt said...

I heard your trip to mesquite involved a side trip to wal-mart with my dad. I would pay to see the two of you walking through wal-mart with the upper class citizens of mesquite

steve said...

Keith, forget Utah. Let's move to Texas. Christina and I want to go. You can have a ranch there, build your own golf course, and make people pay you to play it. You can't golf year round in Utah

Heidi said...

Dixon--is that opposed to your upper-class ancestors in Bunkerville? I know them. I went to the "falls" when I was a kid with your dad. Nothing like swiming in a dirty ditch and calling it the "falls" for a good time.

Keith A. Runyon said...

But "The Falls" has such a country-club sound to it....