Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Oceanside 2009 and All That

Each year we trek to the beach. Some observations:

Each time I'm at the beach, it seems like yesterday when I was here last. I don't know if this is early dementia or if the rest of the year has little meaning. I do know that a lot of stuff went down in the past 12 months, but here I am again... spending time in my 3rd favorite place.

This year we opted for a house instead of a condo. North Coast Village provided a good summer home for at least the past 10 years. Now? We can't ever go back. The problem with this year is the same problem that crops up after you have flown on a private jet. You don't want to go back to flying commercial. This joint is really nice and now that we there are other, better options and dozen's like them scattered all up and down the coast of California.

The water was warm. This was unusual. It's also great since I was able to go for ocean swim or two. The water was also more blue than green or brown. I remember one year down here and the water looked like root beer. I didn't swim in the ocean that entire week. Janae came home with and ecoli infection and an aneursym. A double whammy.

I will never figure out the people who do their goofy tai chi rituals on the sand. Don't get it. The other morning I woke up and stumbled out to the deck and was greeted by a woman about 40 feet away, just beyond the surf. She was coiling up and spinning around in a super slow motion style. She did some kicks, pulled some stuff in the air from the ocean to the beach. This went on for a good 10 minutes. Of course I was compelled to provide audio commentary - funny. You had to be there.

It was so nice having Alec and Tiffany with us. We also know that this will be the last time Jake misses the family beach trip. This fact hasn't been lost on anyone. We look forward to December. It will be here before we know it.

Back in Las Vegas now thanks to some 911 business issues....or else I'd still be in O-side with #8 suntan lotion on and reading book #5. Janae continues her gypsy-like life and is still at the beach...by herself....no dogs, no cats, no phones.

As usual, my life is not without drama or hilarity....The 2nd night home I was jarred awake by the cat fight, which made the dogs bark...and so on (see prior posts for more detailed description). The morning turned ugly because the cat, quite literally, had the poop scared out of him and then decided to hide in the closet, and under the bed. I finally grabbed him and hosed him off....and then got to work on the carpet. Ah, the life of an animal lover.

Hoping to go back to O-side for a few last days of summer later this week.

Peace

2 comments:

Janae' said...

I like your friendly posts. People don't get to see your sweet side enough!

Come back. I miss you. We have the whole place to ourselves.

Hubba Hubba

susan bunker said...

It's been awhile since I have checked in. You didn't let me down! You always bring a smile to m face or a laugh out loud. Thanks Keith!