Saturday, March 28, 2009

Corporate Challege Update #1

I've been training the last week for the corporate challenge.....all nighter 24 sessions, middle of the night chinese food runs, and I moved the treadmill back into the garage and took all the towels and stuff off of it as I ready for it to be used sometime this year.

The Shooting Challenge was held last Friday. Josh, Marcus, Brad and I participated. We had a blast. I have no idea how all this stuff is scored but apparently we did get some points for the team which put us on the board.

Softball practice was held 8 days ago. My legs were sore for a solid 5 days. How pathetic. The sprint followed by the flop/stumble/roll was my individual highlight. I just need to make sure to bring my sliding pants when we play on Thursday. I did promise Janae no head first slides though. Damn. That's usualy how I roll.

Another round of spine injections went down on Monday so I should be competely numbed up by Thursday and Fridays softball games. This means I will be able to do anything. I just won't feel it. I could even bleed out and wouldn't feel the pain that's how good this stuff is. The going under part is the best. When the doc puts the anesthesia into the IV, he says it will hit my brain in 20 seconds - well he's not kidding. Next thing I know I'm in the recovery room thanking everyone and chatting up a storm. Total buffoon. "Blah, blah, blah...." Baby want more.

Backyard looks like a bomb went off. We are re-staining the pool decking and all the rockwork so the pool is drained and all the furniture is moved around, PLUS the ever-present Las Vegas spring winds have blown stuff all over the place.

I want my yard back. I want the wind to stop.

Most of all - I want to play softball.

2 comments:

steve said...

i need a schedule for the games so i can come watch at lunch...

also, i NEED to know if darion or mike strikes out in softball....pathetic!

Alec and Tiffany said...

I'm anxious to hear how the tennis matches go. Need a coach?

ACR