Wednesday, January 14, 2009

ROCK ON!





I'm spent. 15 hours of football over this weekend and I tivo'd NFL Primetime and Sportscenter which I'm watching for the 4th time right now. I know Jake would be proud.

My beloved Eagles went to the Meadowlands and seal-clubbed the Giants for the 2nd time in 38 days. This game was for a trip to the NFC title game and our victory means we head to Arizona to play the once hapless but now dangerous Cardinals.

To say that this has been a great sports year is an understatement: Phillies, Utes and now the Eagles? Can destiny be stopped? No.

Since church started at 9am I was able to be there for most of sacrament meeting but had to skip out a tad early since kickoff was at 10am. Fan is short for "Fanatic." I'm a fanatic. I did keep my white shirt on all day though.




In 20 degree weather with gusting winds, the eagle guys didn't wear long sleeves while most of the giant players wore them. Obviously, this tilted the mental toughness edge to the eagles but lets face it, that's just a pretty stupid tough guy ploy. Their next game will be in sunny and warm Phoenix. Just in case, they have a stadium with a roof that can be open or closed so weather won't be a factor. We just need to pressure their qb Kurt Warner into submission.

I hoping for an Eagles-Steelers Super Bowl AND for one of our insurance companies to invite me to the game like 2 years ago when I sat in the rain and watched the Colts take out da Bears. Or I can watch in in High-def at home.

Go Eagles

4 comments:

Alec and Tiffany said...

Utah, Eagles, Phillies, Rebs (almost made a bowl game!?), etc...

Life is good. We're definitely going to have a rowdy house on Sunday...GO EAGLES!

ACR

Andrew Dixon said...

I am so glad we can finally agree on a sports team. My love for the eagles is only surpassed by, well, many other things. But I still love them.

Also, I'm learning that the older I get, the less I like to actually go to the games. Hi-Def on my couch with a bathroom and a fridge within 10-15 steps is so much better.

Dixon Leavitt said...

I am excited to watch the game with you guys this weekend. The only thing I would like more would be watching the colts in the following game...

Keith A. Runyon said...

My love for the eagles is surpassed by nothing.