Friday, January 9, 2009

The Keith Show




I view my life as sort of a screwball comedy. There is always something funny or slightly amiss going on. Me? I don't take much seriously. Living with a comic 24 hours a day can grind away at Janae, but it's the deal she made and she's stickin' to it. At least for now.

Episodes of My Life

Lately, to fulfill my hypochrondriac fantasy, I've been seen by Doc Eells, a spine doc for the arthritis in my back, and an orthopedic doc for my left shoulder ailments. Got a bad wing that's gonna need some surgery so I can get back out on the links. All that body and health stuff will sort itself out - eventually.

It's the wandering into doctors offices that is always amusing. From the patients to the staff to the docs themselves, I actually have to bite my tongue keep from making wisecracks.

I also have my mother in law living with us as she is at the end stage of pulmonary fibrosis. Janae and her sister Christine have been angels while taking care of their mom. Janae struggles at times since it's a no-win deal and all she can really do is make her mom comfortable.

Being a caregiver 24/7 is tough work. Our sleep patterns are seriously messed up and they were bad to begin with. I knew I had entered the twilight zone the other day when I turned around in the hallway to see my sister-in-law wearing a swim suit, SARS mask, and clogs - her shower attire to bathe Grammy. It was just something that Keith doesn't see every day.....and it startled him.

I became distressed this week when I learned that the Bunkers are leaving on a mission next summer. Who is going to drop off the always delicious Holiday Salsa and Doritos to me? Davey! Help!




And so the beat goes on. Jake is on the downhill side and for me he can't get home soon enough. Yeah the mission is great, yeah it's what we raise them to do but it is terribly difficult to see your son wave goodbye and not see him again for 2 years.



This had all better be true or I'll be pissed.

5 comments:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is very good......

Alec and Tiffany said...

funny stuff!!!!

ACR

Heidi said...

Uh, who is gooooooooooooood girl??????

Also, from whence come the chips and salsa? Can they be from anywhere? Are you a Macs fan? Or do you prefer your chips and salsa from some other place? That sounds really good right now.

steve said...

i think it is baaaaaaaad girl more likely

Keith A. Runyon said...

Good girl is a fan...like so many. Keeps Janae on her toes. HAHA