Friday, January 30, 2009

Montezuma Got His Revenge

We've been in Mexico for nearly a week and the past 2 days have been agony for me. I just lay around and moan, "mama." I just want to be home. Being sick 10 hours from home sucks. We're not due to leave for 4 more days but I'm seriously considering hopping a flight tomorrow. I want to be in my own bed.

The Mexico trip was poorly planned. We did it right after Gram's funeral and we ended up taking advice on a hotel that I will never stay in again. There are 10 things wrong with this hotel, and the biggest one is I got sick at it. We've been to Mexico before and I gotta say I think I'm through with it. Hawaii here we come. Or back to Jamaica. Nah, that place is too dirty. I'm sticking with Hawaii.

We had dinner at Carlos and Charlies the other night and the waiter said is name was "Astro." But it didn't come out like that so I said, "Your name is a**hole?" This is probably where my illness came from since I'm not laughing now. I find Cancun to be like Las Vegas with a beach. Never again. Now last year we were in Playa del Carmen and stayed at the Fairmont Mayakoba - that place rocked.

And so I sit here in my robe, chomping on malox, immodium and pepto bismol and drinking ginger ale. All first class seats are sold out for tomorrow on US Aire so I can't even get home if I wanted to. The option would be to go coach and that's really not an option for me now is it? Sunday is possible but the holiest of holy events takes place that day: The Super Bowl. Jake would disown me if I spent the day flying and missed the game. Janae tossed another option: Delta through Atlanta. Pay the one way fare and keep the credit on US Air.....hmmmmmm.......

I may make it home tomorrow after all.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Imodium is like American Express for me. I NEVER leave home without it. --Andrew

Keith A. Runyon said...

No kidding Andrew. I am packing a medical kit for all future trips.

Alec and Tiffany said...

Remember Jake's old family trick for stomach aches...flamin hot cheetos with lemon. Desperate times call for desperate measures...eat a whole bag in one setting and that should do the trick...

ACR

Keith A. Runyon said...

Alec,
Jake also insisted on a gatorade and beef jerky diet when we picked you up in Peru last year. He may be on to something.
Love
Dad