Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Rebel Pals



I just got home from a most excellent 2 day trip to Fresno with the Rebel basketball team. As you can see from the photos, the fellas were good sports and held up Jake's "Merry Christmas" sign, and played along further by wearing the funny Santa hat. I got photos of everybody - coaches, players, fellow boosters, but only posted a few here on the blog. Jake gets the entire photo shoot for part of his Christmas package that is being mailed in 2 days. He's a huge Rebel fan and he'll enjoy the pics - he and I have been on a few Rebel trips in the past so I know this will put a smile on his face.

Lon was great as usual. I said, "You can pass on the hat if you want and just hold up the sign."

He said, "I want the hat."

Our crew was glad the Rebels eeked out a victory over a pesky Fresno State team since the plane ride home after losses is always too quiet. After 2 straight losses at home last weekend we needed a spark. The rebs looked pretty loose at the shootaround earlier in the day so we hoped for a good outcome. TreVon's brother Dwight is a senior guard for FSU so the brothers had a good on-court rivalry by scoring 17 and 21 points respectively. I visited with their grandpa after the game and he was torn....didn't know what team to cheer for. I liked the FSU facility - small and nice. Very cozy. Sidney Green made his on-camera analyst debut on tonights game. We were having an early dinner and he was telling me how nervous he was making the jump from radio to TV. Afterward I asked him how he did, he said, "Great." Sid is a big man - he is also one of the nicest people you will ever find. Ditto for Lon Kruger.

Rebels are 6-2 and off to play Reno on Saturday. I think they will come back with a 'W'since Reno is weak and the team is starting to develop some all important chemistry.

More updates to follow througout the year.



Rene Rougeau/Senior



Joe Darger/Senior



Mo Rutledge/Senior



Coach Kruger


"Thanks John, Thanks Gondo"

11 comments:

jessica leavitt said...

yung keif never give up on your lon impression. maybe a little less spit on "senior leadership" and a little less "o" on the "gondo," and you'll have it nailed. your the best uncle EVER!
-your FAVORITE niece, jessi.
ps- cant wait for tomorrows post ;)

Janae' said...

love you Jessi

Janae' said...

That was your favorite uncle by the way....I'm using Janae's computer!

:-)

Alyssa Joy said...

young keif i need a recap on how the crackers recieved your Lon impression... I hear it was one of the highlights! Oh and I certainly hope you got a pic of Scotty Hoff aka your future nephew in law!

Alec and Tiffany said...

Go Rebs!

steve said...

Alyssa,

scotty hoffman huh?

you could do worse i suppose. i thought you were all over my Creighton boy kyle korver!?!

Alyssa Joy said...

yes Kyle Korver is my Utah love. Scotty is my australia/vegas love. He just makes that bench look oh so good.

Keith A. Runyon said...

Scotty Hoffman? I thought you and Beas were dating? Or is that Jessi?

jessica leavitt said...

I just three up in my mouth

Alyssa Joy said...

Young keef Beas is like a brother to us! Scotty Hoffman. And Jessica wants a piece of Kendall.

Keith A. Runyon said...

AJL,
It's "Yung Keiff," and don't you lie to your fav uncle okay? It's okay girl.
YK