Friday, December 12, 2008

I Want No Drama







Some people live in a world full of drama. If there isn't drama in their lives, they create some. How come?

Over the years I've known people who live in a world of constant drama.....kids, work, and life's ups and downs all combine to create an unimaginable, unmanageable, unbelievable life of drama. Me? I want no drama. Zero. I hate surprises too. I like predictable. I get up to go to work in the morning knowing pretty much exactly what the day will bring.

I hear stories from friends, family members, co-workers that make me want to run as fast as I can out of the room and scream "ENOUGH ALREADY!" And now, with the economy in the toilet, it's only worse.

Turn on the news, grab a magazine or a newspaper....it's nothing but bad news. Again, it's enough for me to just holler, "STOP."

I do feel bad for people who are struggling - no question about that. It just the constant "woe is me" lament that some people wear on the sleeve, in their countenance, or who methodically bombard us all with verbal details of their stuggles are a drag. Frankly, it's become so bad that I just turn it off. I quit listening. I want to be surrounded by happy people - FUNNY people is more like it.

All this crap about stores closing, retails sales being off, layoffs, bank failures, absence of credit markets, tightening of credit markets, blah, blah, blah....it's too much don't you think? I got my own crap to deal with just like everyone else and I don't boohoo to anybody. I'm the lone ranger and I like it like that.

Now that I've got that off my chest, I think I'll grab some lunch with my mom and cut out early to do some Christmas shopping. That'll put a smile on my face.

4 comments:

Mooch said...

Amen Brother!
If I ain't bellyachen no one should be
I'm as happy as I've ever been
and I miss my friend
you can sure make me laugh
chin up everyone

Andrew Dixon said...

Just count your blessings instead of sheep, that's what I say...

By the way, sweet reference to Frosty the Snowman in the post.

susan bunker said...

the lone ranger? i like it!

Alec and Tiffany said...

Whiners aren't welcome in our home! There is so much good in life!

ACR